Bancontact Payconiq Company develops new payment experiences for its consumers and merchants that want to bring forward the way of paying mobile.
In order to bring the pace of these evolutions to the next level, we are looking for a Project Manager. This function will report to our Chief Operating Officer.
Are you a proud user of our app or want to start participating in our digital evolution? Join our driven and enthusiastic team!
As E2E project manager, you are responsible for the smooth running of the project, from the initial request to the final delivery of the solution. You will manage a wide variety of projects aiming at improving the Payconiq by Bancontact app and the mobile payments in general or enabling BPC partners to extend or improve their service offering. In particular:
- You gather the input in terms of requirements and make sure that all the relevant stakeholders and supporting functions are actively involved, so that your project has a clear scope that meets the original (business) goal;
- You set up the governance of your project, which you steer to align on daily progress, but also to regularly communicate both on content and process aspects, and if and when needed to escalate risks, hurdles or issues;
- You take charge of the project from initiation until delivery:
- You participate actively in the implementation of the project and propose adequate solutions where needed. You coordinate, organize and monitor the various activities within the project taking into account the priorities and timelines;
- You coordinate and activate the internal and external stakeholders to plan respective efforts, but also to mitigate risks, deliver input, find solutions to potential issues;
- You ensure the quality of the deliverables in order to provide solutions that meet the needs of the organization;
- You participate actively in the tests and production validation phases and coordinate the participants and activities, when needed.
- You have the skills and experience to direct resolution of issues, but you know how to activate your stakeholders to obtain the needed support to move further, when needed;
- You put in place a change management process, including go-to-market actions together with your product and marketing colleagues, and intake and training towards the Customer Care teams;
- Your project does not end with deployment. You are responsible for the aftercare period until a clean move to Business as Usual can be executed;
- You are the first ambassador of the products or services your projects will deliver. You proactively inform other teams in the company and generate the right level of awareness and buy-in;
- You also present your project to management, from inception to aftercare, in a way that connects the status of the project with the underlying drivers for the company and its business.
Skills and Mindset
- Master degree or equivalent proven experience
- 5+ years in a project manager, product manager or product owner role in a payment and/or mobile context (including experience with public cloud platforms)
- Experience with multi-partner/providers activities is a must
- Extensive experience with Agile Way of Working is a must
- Experience with knowledge management/planning tools is a must
- Structure – you can easily structure a multitude of information both for yourself and others
- Stakeholder management – you know how to involve others and to activate them to reach the common goal
- Proactive management of issues – you look ahead and plan today for actions that need to take place tomorrow to reach the needed result. You find the tactical opportunities for acceleration and exploit them when possible
- Discipline – you are the gatekeeper of your project. You make sure you gather the input you need when you need it, and ensure progress in execution phase
- Visual management – you know how to present information in a visual way and to use the right tools to steer progress and actions. You drive by planning, and you make it visual
- Business feeling – you understand how you project (even the more technical one) is connected to a business goal for the company, and you know how to share this with third parties and to integrate this in your communication
- Proactive communication – you communicate openly, activate your stakeholders and are not afraid to discuss all types of matters. You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Relationship building – you create partnerships with your internal stakeholders as well as with third parties in order to reach joint objectives. When things need to be improved, you take the lead
- Synthesis skills – you are able to condense a lot of details in a succinct and clear explanation, that you are also able to communicate clearly to non-technical stakeholders
- Quick learning curve – your projects will be made of many aspects, from the most UX-oriented to the most technically complex ones. You might not be an expert of everything, but have the interest to learn and ability to absorb information fast
- Stress resilience – you keep your cool even in the most difficult moments and always remain professional
- Quality orientation – you take satisfaction from a project well delivered and act when intervention is needed
- Strong flexibility – every day can be different; you are open to adapt to changing needs
- Preferably bilingual NL/FR, one between NL/FR is a must, together with EN
What Bancontact Payconiq Company will offer you
A great challenge in a welcoming, positive and innovative environment!
Bancontact Payconiq Company is the Belgian market leader in electronic and mobile payment services. We aim for easy, safe and efficient transactions. Anytime, anywhere. With your card or mobile phone. This makes us an ambitious company, focused on the perfect balance between reliability and user friendliness.
Working for Bancontact Payconiq Company therefore equals being part of a dynamic and talented team and contributing to the evolutions of the payment world of today and tomorrow.
As an employee of Bancontact Payconiq Company you will enjoy the benefits of working in a nice environment (including fresh fruit, good coffee, company events) where you will be granted every opportunity to develop your competencies.
Are you eager to strive for excellence, do you like a challenge and would you like to be part of a dynamic team?
Then make sure to send your CV and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected]